28/09/2013

How To Make ICED MOCHAS!!


Hello m'dears! I am very excited to be writing this post because if you read my July Favourites, which you can read here, you will know that I absolutally love McDonald's Iced Mochas! They are probably my favourite drink ever, for someone who hates coffee I'm obsessed with these! Recently in school loads of people have been drinking hot mochas so I decided to try and master the art of making an iced mocha! I'm drinking mine as I type this and I'm so happy with the result of my little experiment that I felt I should share it with the world, or at least the few people that read my blog... Anyway, on to the mochas!


 Thinking back on how I made my mocha, I could have done it an easier way but I don't know if it would turn out the same. A mocha is simply coffee with chocolate milk which is a pretty easy method but when I opened my chocolate milk powder, I realised I didn't have enough but I was determined to make this mocha so I went the long route.

 Firstly, instead of making simple chocolate milk by adding Nestle Chocolate Milk powder to milk, I had to make hot chocolate. I used Tesco's Cocoa Powder to make this, I just followed the instructions on the back which were:

Step 1. Add 4gs of the cocoa powder to a little bit of cold milk, and stir.

Step 2. Heat up 200ml of milk in the microwave (I put mine in for 2 minutes) then mix it into the cocoa and milk.

Step 3. Add sugar to sweeten to your liking, I put about 2 teaspoons but it all depends on what you like.

 That's how I made the hot chocolate, and to make the mocha I boiled 200ml of water and mixed in about 1 teaspoon of coffee, you can add as much or as little as you like depending on how you like your coffee, and then I poured the coffee into the hot chocolate. If you wanted a hot mocha you could just drink it like that but I prefer iced mochas.



 To make the iced mocha I simply put the hot mocha into the fridge for about 40 minutes, just wait until it's cold but it doesn't have to be freezing because you'll be adding ice. You can put full ice cubes in if that's what you like but I crushed my ice in a bag and then added it to the cold mocha!

 Iced Mochas are so simple to make and they are so nice! For someone who loves the McDonald's Mochas so much, you can trust me when I say these homemade ones are amazing! You can always add some whipped cream and some chocolate sauce on top, but I just didn't have any.

 I hope you found this blog post helpful and if you do try these mochas, let me know in the comments what you think! If you have any questions or queries leave a comment or contact me, all the links are on my "Contact Me" page. Enjoy your mochas, and thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment