18/09/2013

My Top 5 Favourite Albums!

 Hi there, I've been thinking since I write post on most of the concerts I go to that I might as well share my top 5 favourite albums of all time! If you don't like the same kinda music as me you could keep an open mind and maybe discover a love for some new music. These aren't going to be in any order just whichever one I think of next, and if you enjoy this post then you could suggest some more things I could write a favourites post on. Anyway, on to the music!

 Number one has got to be You Me at Six's Sinners Never Sleep. Anyone who knows me will know that You Me at Six are my all time favourite band ever, and I wrote a blog post about they're live DVD "Final Night of Sin" which you can read here and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned them in so many different blog posts before. All their albums are amazing but Sinners is my favourite because there is such a range of different kinds of songs on it. The songs range from really poppy songs that you can dance around to, to really heavy songs that make you wanna punch a wall or something, I dunno haha, but there's also songs on this album that I can't listen to because they're so slow and emotional and make me want to cry. Compared to their other albums it's just so much bigger and better and they released a DVD with this album, Bite My Tongue, which shows all the emotional things the band has gone through and this album is just all those different emotions rolled into one, and because the band members are young the songs are really easy to relate to, which is great because there's nothing better then finding a song the describes your feelings!
 Number two on my list is Avenged Sevenfold's self titled album, I wrote a post on their new album Hail to the King, which you can check out here. I love their new album but their self titled is just so amazing! The songs are just so different, they layered the instruments so well that they create a truly unique sound! Some of the songs are just so diverse that I can't even describe them, songs like 'Unbound (The Wild Ride)' and 'Brompton Cocktail' but they make the album so unique which is why I love it. Another thing I love about this album is there's no songs that are so slow and emotional that I can't listen to them! 'Dear God' is a slow song, but it's a nice song so it's fine to listen to if you're a bit of a cry baby, like myself!
 Number three in the countdown is Biffy Clyro's Opposites which I mentioned in my March Favourites post which can be read right here. One of my favourite songs ever is on the album, 'Victory Over the Sun' which is an amazing song. It starts off pretty slow but then it's just like BOOM Biffy Clyro! I think these songs are great songs to see live, which I have, you can read my post on the concert here and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to! They're such an amazing live band and they put on such a spectacular show, and if you like any Biffy Clyro songs you'll most likely enjoy this album because it's just so good!
 Number four of my favourite albums is Slash's self titled album. Again, I've seen Slash live and he is just an incredible musician! Here is my blog post on the Slash concert, all these links to older blog posts is probably getting annoying but it might give you a better insight into why I love these albums so much. Both Slash's albums are incredible but I love this one so much because there are so many well known singers and musicians on this album. There's Fergie and Nicole Scherzinger but then there's Ozzy Osbourne and Iggy Pop, singers and musicians that you wouldn't think you'd find on the same album but that's why this album is so brilliant! All the songs really suit each singers voice, which just shows that Slash is a genius.
 And last but not least on my Top 5 albums list is The Pretty Reckless's Light Me Up which I've never mentioned before, I don't think, so no blog posts!  I love Taylor Momsen, I think she's absolutally gorgeous and her voice is perfection. She's one of the female front women that I can stand because most of them annoy me but she's just so bad ass and that really goes well with the songs she writes. Some of the songs on the album are kind of emotion but some are really rock-y and her voice is so strong that it works really well with all the songs. I think they're such an under rated band that really deserve more notice because they are amazing and everyone should start listening to them!
 So there are my top 5 favourite albums, I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did why not give my blog a follow? ;) Hopefully this post will introduce you to some music, and if you already listen to this music then you have amazing taste. Don't forget to leave comments on suggestions or questions, or contact my on Twitter, Tumblr, Pintrest, Instagram or email me, all the contant details are on my 'Contact Me' page here. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment