21/11/2013

Winter Essentials!


As winter is now upon us and I can't think of anything else to write about, I thought it would be a good idea to share some things I feel are essential for the winter months. This post isn't going to just be makeup or beauty products, it will include anything I think everyone should have for winter! Lets get straight into it!



 During the colder months my skin can get really dry, so for me a good moisturiser is one of the most important things to use during winter. I recently started using the Simple Protecting Moisture Cream which I love. It absorbs into the skin really quickly and it doesn't leave the skin feeling oily. It has SPF in it which is always important to help prevent wrinkles in the future and it makes my skin feel soft and hydrated! It also doesn't feel heavy on the skin and it's made for sensitive skin meaning everyone should be able to use it and it's not expensive at all, so I think it's a perfect product for winter!


 My next winter essential is a good, moisturising hand cream! I can't be the only one who will be sitting in class freezing half to death, rubbing my hands together trying to get a bit of warmth into them and realizing that my hands are dry! Any kind of hand cream that gives some kind of moisture to your skin will work, but one that I like to use is the E45 Moisturising Hand Cream. I feel it gives really long lasting moisture and it doesn't leave my hands greasy or slippy. Again, I'm pretty sure it's made for sensitive skin so it's perfume free and hypo-allergenic. I don't have sensitive skin but if it doesn't affect sensitive skin then it most likely won't do me any damage! E45 is a really inexpensive brand, and the hand cream is in a nice little tube that you can fit in your pocket or bag if you're venturing out into the cold weather!


 More moisturising products? I think so! I think everyone gets dry lips during the winter and it's probably one of the worst things to happen because if your lips are dry they can crack and become really sore and unsightly, and let's be honest nobody wants to be kissing anyone with chapped lips! Lip balms are probably one of the cheapest yet most essential thing in my winter essentials, but it's all about finding the right one. I read that some lip balms have ingredients in them that actually make your lips more dry so you have to keep apply the lip balm! A lip product I find doesn't do that is just simply Vaseline. Everyone has Vaseline in their house, even if you think you don't!  Vaseline is probably the most essential thing for winter, not only for your lips but if you get a cold you can put it on the skin around your nose if it gets sore from wiping it all the time! I prefer to use the Vaseline in the little, green tin which is the Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera. I think it keeps your lips really hydrated for a long time and it doesn't dry out the lips. I can put some on in the morning and not need to apply any more for the rest of the day! Once more, you can get Vaseline in little tins that fit perfectly into your pocket and it's really cheap and can be found in almost any shop!


Now for the only makeup product on my list, which is the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. I bought this recently and I've been absolutally loving it! It's so moisturising to the skin, if you hadn't noticed I think moisturising is very, very important in the winter. On the bottle it says it's a "Light perfecting, radiance foundation". I like to apply this foundation with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, but I think any blending brush will do! The more you blend it, the nicer it looks. It has a really natural, glowing finish and it feels really light on the skin which I think is great for winter. Like all the other products it's not expensive, I'm a teenager without a job I don't have that much money to spend! Another thing is it smells really good!


 That's the end of all the sort of beauty products, now onto the stuff everyone should already have. Everyone needs a good mug for the winter, it's time to buy all different kinds of hot chocolate or tea, any kind of hot drink that you hope will return some of the heat to your body. Winter is the time for hot drinks while watching Christmas movies all snuggled up under warm blankets with the heating on full blast, well in Ireland it is! If you're drinking hot drinks all the time you need to have a nice mug, it's just the little things that make life that bit easier. My mug of choice is a Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas one that I got for Christmas about two years ago and I absolutally love it! It was bought in the Disney Store in Dublin and I use it all the time. Mugs are a great Christmas present and they're is probably a million different shapes and sizes so you're most likely gonna find one that makes you happy!


 This is an odd one but something I don't think I could survive winter without is my thermal socks! I got them for Christmas last year, and I know everyone has fluffy socks but these are so much more then just fluffy socks. They're fluffy on the inside and thick and woolly on the outside so all the heat gets trapped around your feet. I don't know where mine were bought or how much they are but they probably don't cost too much, and even if they do they are so worth it!


 Another weird thing I feel I need for winter is a good pair of boots. I got a fake pair of Doc Martins in Pennys last year, and they're nice and big so when I'm out in the cold weather I can secretly have my thermal socks on and no one will notice! I got a pair of matte black ones so they're really easy to wear and they go with everything. They're really comfy and they were €20 which is really good compared to real Doc Martins, and they're not as hard as real Docs so you don't have to spend days with bleeding feet while you break them in!

There you go, ladies and gentlemen. We have come to the end of my winter essentials post, I hope it helped you out in some way! If you have any winter essentials feel free to leave them as comments. If you have any questions or queries go ahead and contact me, all the links are on my 'Contact Me' page at the top of the blog. I hope you enjoyed that and thank you so much for reading :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment