30/03/2013

Biffy Clyro 28th March 2013

 Holy Mary, Mother of God! I went to see Biffy Clyro in the O2 Arena, Dublin on Thursday night and wow, just wow! It's one of the best concerts I've ever been to in my life. They were absolutally amazing, they played every song to perfection and the crowd was mental. Like my Slash post (which you can read here) if any word or sentence is highlighted that means if you click the word it will link you to a song, YouTube video, Facebook page, Twitter or to whatever I'm talking about which might give you a better idea of what I'm talking about if you don't already know. So, on with the post.
 I went to the concert with my friend Rachel and my dad, and before you're all like "omg you had to go with your dad, that's sad" I didn't have to go with my dad, he likes Biffy Clyro and wanted to go because he's cool, deal with it. He did stand at the back for the whole thing though, while me and Rachel started off in the middle of the crowd and were eventually pushed to the left of the stage, right in front of where the stage came out meaning Simon Neil sang "Biblical" and "God and Satan" about two feet away from us, no big deal! We spent the first half of the concert in the middle of the crowd being battered around, which doesn't sound like much fun but it was actually so amazing. I nearly lost my shoe twice, the second time I just took it off for a minute and was being pushed around with my shoe waving in the air. Then we spent the second half of the concert to the left of the stage, which was more calm but still amazing since we were so close to the stage. They played a lot of songs off the new album, Opposites, but there was a good bit of older things as well. They played my favourite song "Who's Got a Match?" which was amazing, and when they played "Glitter and Trauma" they had strobes and loads of flashing lights and it was just amazing, but I think "That Golden Rule" was the best song of the night! The crowd went mental, so mental that the security had to come into the crowd because there was going to be a massive circle pit where we were and they were pulling people into the circle trying to fill it, which was kinda bad but it didn't stop us all going mad! Overall, they were amazing! All the production was deadly, they had a giant rib cage thing on stage which looked great and they had loads of lights and air cannons which, I think, always makes a concert more exciting. I'm still amazed at how good it was. They are definitely a band I would go to see again, they were just so good!
 As for what I was wearing, I just wore a pair of high waisted, denim shorts that I'm constantly borrowing from my sister, my Iron Maiden t-shirt, a jumper from www.becomeantique.com which I love to bits and a pair of Aztec print Converse which I nearly lost one of, haha. Makeup wise, I just wore my normal face stuff and I used my new Urban Decay Naked Palette for my eyes which I've complete fallen in love with and I wore my Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 107 which I also love to bits.
 So that's the last of my concerts until May, when I go to see Enter Shikari which I'm really looking forward to. And if Biffy Clyro are playing a concert near you, I highly recommend that you go, even just for the experience because they are such an amazing live band. I did take a few pictures but they're not very good, I posted the best one on my Instagram which is catrionameatsix if you wanted to check it out and I have Twitter, Tumblr and Pinterest  if you want to check those out, there's also links to them all on the side of my blog. And as I've said before, I'd like to thank everyone who's taken the time to read my blog or who's given me feedback on my posts even if it's just liking my Facebook status, it really means so much to me when people comment on my writing so thank you all so much. Anyway, thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment