05/03/2013

Slash 4th March 2013

 Wow! Last night I went to see Slash, Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators in the Olympia, Dublin and it was amazing. I got the tickets for Christmas and I was delighted when I found them in my stocking that morning. They played two nights and they were both sold out in no time. In this post I'm not only going to write about his amazing performance, I'm going to be really girly and write about what outfit I wore and what makeup I wore. I'm also going to review his albums "Slash" and "Apocalyptic Love" because they're both brilliant and I haven't posted in ages so this might be a long one. Also, if I start to talk about any songs in particular and you're curious as to what they sound like then if the song title is highlighted or underlined then click on the song title and it will link you to a YouTube video of the song.
 Firstly, I'm not going to write about the band that supported because I can't remember their name and I wasn't really paying attention, I was too busy slagging them, haha. I was sitting at this concert, which I know sounds boring but at a Slash concert it really doesn't matter, I was standing anyway. When the lights went down after the crew set up the stage after the first band, the speakers erupted with one of the most beautiful noises I will ever hear. Slash, Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators were on stage, they opened with "Halo" from the album "Apocalyptic Love" which is such a great introduction. I can't remember the whole set list but I can remember most of the songs. They played "Not For Me" and I nearly died, it is my favourite Slash song and it's just so amazing! The played songs from both albums, "Slash" and "Apocalyptic Love", but they also played some Guns N Roses songs and they played "Slither" by Velvet Revolver. They also played "Doctor Alibi", which a local band "The Ladz" do an excellent cover of, but instead of Myles Kennedy singing, Todd Kerns sang because you need a pretty deep voice to sing this song and sing it well. Looking back on it, they played so many songs I'd be here all day talking about each one, they did perform for around 2 hours after all. To sum it up, they were absolutally brilliant and I'm glad to be able to say that I've seen Slash live in concert. 
 If you're not into clothes and makeup, I suggest you skip to the next paragraph. Since I was going to a concert I wanted to look nice but be comfortable so I just wore red and black jeans, and Guns N Roses t-shirt that I ripped the sleeves off and a grey hoodie with converse. But my makeup is probably more interesting, I just wore my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, with some Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer and some Rimmel Stay Matte powder as my base. Then for my eyes I got inspiration from a Tanya Burr Beyonce Makeup Tutorial because I got "twinks" and "contrast" Mac eyeshadow for Christmas and instead of using "naked lunch", I used "sin" from the Urban Decay naked palette. I used the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion which is amazing! I have really oily lids and it helps stop my eyeshadows creasing and even after a concert, my eyeshadow was grand. After the prime was set, I just put "sin" all over my lid, then a bit of "twinks" through my crease, then "contrast" on my bottom lash line. I used Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner to line my top lashes and I used my Maybelline The Falsies mascara. I also wore Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 107 which also lasted most of the night and I never topped it up. So that's my outfit and makeup done. 
 I'm just going to review the albums "Slash" and "Apocalyptic Love" quickly, and if you haven't listened to any of them then I highly recommend that you do, right now! They're both so amazing, but different. "Slash" has so many different artists working and singing on it so there's such a variety of songs. I think each different artist brought a bit of their own style of music to the songs. There are the likes of Fergie, M Shadows, Ozzy Osbourne, Chris Cornell, Lemmy, Kid Rock, Iggy Pop and Myles Kennedy singing on the album. If you like any of those artists, you'll probably like their songs on this album and maybe find out that you like other kinds of music because each song on the album is so different. "Apocalyptic Love" is just such an epic album. I love Myles Kennedy's voice, I think he's such a brilliant singer so I love every single song on this album. There are slow songs but there are also songs that are pure amazing! They're just two amazing albums that I think everyone should check out. 
 I think that's everything I wanted to cover that is Slash related! If you ever have a chance to go see Slash live, you should go. He puts on such an amazing show and most of the crowd is made up of drunk parents which is always amusing to watch. Hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment