23/03/2013

Final Night of Sin!

 Bonjour! Today I finally got time to sit and watch my Final Night of Sin DVD which, for those who don't know, is a live DVD of You Me at Six performing to a sold out Wembley Arena, no big deal! In this post I'm going to review the DVD and it is a very biased opinion because YMAS are my favourite band off all time, ever!
 Before I get into the review I just want to try to explain how much this band means to me. I first fell in love with You Me at Six in the Summer of 2009, their song "Jealous Minds Think Alike" came on Scuzz and it was love at first sight. I listened to them over and over again and when I went into 1st Year whenever I had to say something about myself I'd say "I love You Me at Six". I've seen them live 4 times, the first time was when they supported Paramore in December 2009. I also saw them on the 28th of March 2010 which is the day I met them because I won a meet and greet and when I met them I cried, that's how sad I am but I don't even care. I, then, saw them in December 2010 and again in April 2012. I listen to them every day and I'm still not bored of their songs. It's hard to explain how a band can mean so much to someone unless that person feels the same way towards a band or singer or whoever. I do love people and all but with a band it's so different. If you fight with your friends or family, they're not there to help you but music is something that's always there, no matter what. When YMAS announced that Wembley Arena was sold out I was so proud of them, which sounds stupid but I was! They deserve everything they've achieved and I'm not just saying this because I love them, they've worked so hard to get where they are today. I'm not saying that makes them better then people who maybe got lucky with success, like I'm quite fond of One Direction and I'm sure they'd sell out Wembley Arena but they've practically been handed everything they have which is why this is such a big deal for YMAS and their fans. I don't know what to say, I just love them. They mean everything to me and I don't know where I'd be without them.
 Now onto the review. I think YMAS performed amazingly at Wembley. Like I've said, I've seen them 4 times so I have a good idea of how amazing they were live but wow, they were did absolutally brilliantly! I have never heard Josh's voice sound so good, he sung every note perfectly. All the instruments sounded amazing! They all have so much energy. Dan kept everything perfect on the drums, Max was doing all his little spins and head bangs, Matt was jumping around with so much energy and Chris was amazing with his fabulous hair swishing everywhere. I think all the production and lights and everything just made it! I've seen them play with flashing lights and air cannons but this was so much better and I wasn't even there. I love how they played songs from every album and how they played the slower songs that they might not usually play live like "When We Were Younger". The crowd sang everything so loudly, it sounded great especially "Underdog", I've never heard it so loud but then again I've never heard it from a sold out Wembley Arena. I'm so glad they released the show on DVD for the people, like me, who sadly didn't get to go and I'm just so proud of them.
 For those who aren't YMAS fans, I seriously recommend you go and listen to some of their songs, they have so many different styled songs but they're all amazing, there's probably one that you will like. I hope you enjoyed this post, for anyone interested you can pre-order the Final Night of Sin DVD here: http://youmeatsix.co.uk/thefinalnightofsin/home.php and thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment